- What was the Year Quiz Match the dates to the events given.
- Twentieth Century Spelling Test A spelling test sheet of words related to the twentieth century.
- Twentieth Century Anagrams Anagrams of words related to the twentieth century.
- Twentieth Century Anagrams Differentiated As above but includes first letter of each word.
- Suffragettes Information about the suffragette campaign with related activities.
- Suffragettes 1903-1913 Information sheet about suffragettes campaigns, force-feeding and the Cat and Mouse Act.
- Suffragettes - Activity Sheet An activity sheet with questions related to the Suffragette Movement.
- Russian Revolution An information sheet about the Russian revolution. Includes curriculum-levelled activities.
- Russian Revolution Wordsearch A wordsearch of key words related to the Russian revolution.
- Stalin Picture Sources Two picture sources for pupils to compare how each are used to gain support for Stalin.
- Communism and Fascism - Similarities and Differences Two blank tables for pupils to complete to further understanding of Communism and Fascism and their similarities and differences.
- Britain/America in the 1920s Wordsearch/wordsort A wordsearch and wordsort with key words related to Britain and America in the 1920s.
- Al Capone Wanted blank poster An illustrated blank 'Wanted Poster' with spaces for pupils to write about Al Capone, prohibition and the St Valentine's Day massacre.
- America in the 1950s A worksheet giving details of America in the 1950s.
- J F K Assassination A worksheet about the assassination of President Kennedy.
- Assassination Map A map of the route taken by President Kennedy on the day he was assassinated to use with the worksheet above.
- Cold War and Space Race A two-page worksheet looking at the Cold War and the Space Race.
- Space Race Wordsearch A wordsearch with words related to the Space Race.
- Peace Movements A worksheet looking at the peace movements of the 1960s and 1970s.
- Vietnam Crossword A crossword with clues relating to the Vietnam war.
- Vietnam Wordsearch A wordsearch of key words related to the Vietnam war.
- Why did America get involved in Vietnam? A worksheet explaining why America became involved in the Vietnam war.
- Why America lost Vietnam A worksheet explaining why America lost Vietnam.
How World War II Began
World War II was one of the most destructive conflicts in all of human history. More than forty-six million civilians and soldiers died, many in cruel and horrifying circumstances that lasted for years. The majority of them were unknown faces, lost in time and history, and only recognized by the people who loved them. Their lives, culture, and livelihood were swept away from one day to... Read More
The old American West was a wild place. It was an era full of cowboys, gunslingers, outlaws, and wars. The European settlers driving the expansion into the west faced many hardships. They had to force their way into the Pacific by driving the Native Americans away from their lands. Ultimately, this chaotic environment created a culture susceptible to violence and the breakdown of law and order.
After the... Read More
The Medieval Ages was a time full of interesting history, rich art, revolutionizing philosophy, epic heroes, and even a bit of magic. However, it was not a very pleasant period to be a medical patient. The common way to relieve pain amongst sick people was to inflict more pain upon them, and then hope to the starts for a bit of luck. Peasants and monks with little to no experience, aside from castrating animals... Read More
Ancient Egypt was a fascinating place. Its mysterious civilizations, powerful gods, and stunning pyramids have captured our imagination for thousands of years. Thanks to the abundance of evidence left behind by ancient Egyptians, we have been able to discover a wealth of information about their daily lives. We can read their words, see their houses, taste their dishes, step into their tombs, and even touch their... Read More