- Medicine Anagram Sort A worksheet with anagrams of key words connected with medicine through time. When unscrambled the words have to be sorted into relevant categories.
- Medicine Overview Word Sort Jumbled periods, dates, people and causes to be sorted into correct categories.
- Prehistoric Medicine - True or False True or false statements about prehistoric medicine. Pupils have to answer and give evidence for their answers. Created for use with SHP text book.
- Prehistoric Medicine Quiz A multi-choice quiz about prehistoric medicine.
- Asclepion Temple Anagrams Anagrams of words related to the Asclepion temple.
- Four Humours Sentence Match Sentence matching activity.
- Hippocrates Information about Hippocrates with differentiated activities.
- Why Was Hippocrates Important? Writing frame for students to answer the question why Hippocrates was important.
- Up to Greece Wordsearch A wordsearch of key words in medicine up to Greece.
- Roman or Greek Anagram Sort Anagrams of words to be sorted into Roman or Greek.
- What Made Galen Famous Illustrated blank spider diagram.
- Dark Age Medicine Illustrated information sheet about medicine in the Dark Ages.
- Islamic Medicine Information sheet about Islamic medicine.
- Black Death Wordsearch A wordsearch of key words related to the Black Death.
- Medicine in the Middle Ages An illustrated information sheet about medicine in Europe during the Middle Ages.
- Middle Ages Medicine Wordsearch A wordsearch of key words connected with medicine in Europe during the Middle Ages.
- Medicine Through Time Test (to Middle Ages) A Knowledge test up to the Middle Ages.
- Medicine Through Time Test (to Middle Ages) Marks Scheme Mark Scheme for above test.
- Key Features of the Renaissance Illustrated worksheet outlining the key features of the Renaissance that had an impact on the development of medicine.
- Vesalius Anagrams Anagrams of words related to Vesalius.
- Vesalius/Paré connecting exercise Link the statements to the correct man.
- Industrial Medicine Wordsearch/Sort A wordsearch of key words associated with medicine during the Industrial Revolution coupled with a sorting activity.
- Industrial Medicine Picture Source A picture source showing living conditions during the Industrial Revolution period. With related questions.
- Edward Jenner An information sheet about the work of Edward Jenner.
- Florence Nightingale An information sheet about the work of Florence Nightingale.
- Germ Theory Wordsearch A wordsearch of key words related to the development of the Germ Theory.
- Louis Pasteur or Robert Koch? A matching exercise with statements that relate either to Louis Pasteur or Robert Koch.
- Individuals in Medicine - Who am I? Individuals describe their achievements and then ask 'who am I?'
- Medicine Through Time - Giant Crossword A giant crossword with clues related to all topics covered in Medicine Through Time.
- Medicine Through Time/ American West Revision booklet A four-page revision booklet with revision topics and hints and tips for the exam.
Spying became an integral part of the Cold War. Both sides went out of their way to acquire as much knowledge as they could about each other. While Hollywood has romanticized the whole image of espionage, the real thing is far from romantic. It is a dangerous cat and mouse game that typically results in torture, prison, or execution if caught by the opposing team.
During the Cold War, spies had to prepare... Read More
The seafaring Vikings were a group of people that came from the Scandinavian countries of Norway, Denmark, and Sweden. They made an enduring name for themselves through the 8th and 11th century for being tactical warriors, smart traders, and daring explorers. In fact, they arrived in America way before Columbus ever did, and archeologists have found some of their remnants scattered as far East as Russia.
... Read More
The Middle Ages is full of historical myths. Many historians blame this on the rise of Humanism and the Renaissance movement that appeared in the early Modern Period. Both of these cultural shifts encouraged society to look back at Medieval times in disgust. Gothic architecture from the Middle Ages was abandoned in the beginning of the Modern era, and replaced by classic Greek and Roman architecture. In other... Read More
1. The First Thanksgiving
What they told you: Escaping religious prosecution, the pilgrims left England on sailboats and landed on Plymouth Rock, barely surviving their first winter. With the graceful help of a nearby Indian tribe, who taught the settlers how to fish and hunt the land, the early colonists succeeded in establishing a foothold in the vast North American Wilderness. Thus, the pilgrims held their... Read More
How World War II Began
World War II was one of the most destructive conflicts in all of human history. More than forty-six million civilians and soldiers died, many in cruel and horrifying circumstances that lasted for years. The majority of them were unknown faces, lost in time and history, and only recognized by the people who loved them. Their lives, culture, and livelihood were swept away from one day to... Read More