- Medicine Anagram Sort A worksheet with anagrams of key words connected with medicine through time. When unscrambled the words have to be sorted into relevant categories.
- Medicine Overview Word Sort Jumbled periods, dates, people and causes to be sorted into correct categories.
- Prehistoric Medicine - True or False True or false statements about prehistoric medicine. Pupils have to answer and give evidence for their answers. Created for use with SHP text book.
- Prehistoric Medicine Quiz A multi-choice quiz about prehistoric medicine.
- Asclepion Temple Anagrams Anagrams of words related to the Asclepion temple.
- Four Humours Sentence Match Sentence matching activity.
- Hippocrates Information about Hippocrates with differentiated activities.
- Why Was Hippocrates Important? Writing frame for students to answer the question why Hippocrates was important.
- Up to Greece Wordsearch A wordsearch of key words in medicine up to Greece.
- Roman or Greek Anagram Sort Anagrams of words to be sorted into Roman or Greek.
- What Made Galen Famous Illustrated blank spider diagram.
- Dark Age Medicine Illustrated information sheet about medicine in the Dark Ages.
- Islamic Medicine Information sheet about Islamic medicine.
- Black Death Wordsearch A wordsearch of key words related to the Black Death.
- Medicine in the Middle Ages An illustrated information sheet about medicine in Europe during the Middle Ages.
- Middle Ages Medicine Wordsearch A wordsearch of key words connected with medicine in Europe during the Middle Ages.
- Medicine Through Time Test (to Middle Ages) A Knowledge test up to the Middle Ages.
- Medicine Through Time Test (to Middle Ages) Marks Scheme Mark Scheme for above test.
- Key Features of the Renaissance Illustrated worksheet outlining the key features of the Renaissance that had an impact on the development of medicine.
- Vesalius Anagrams Anagrams of words related to Vesalius.
- Vesalius/Paré connecting exercise Link the statements to the correct man.
- Industrial Medicine Wordsearch/Sort A wordsearch of key words associated with medicine during the Industrial Revolution coupled with a sorting activity.
- Industrial Medicine Picture Source A picture source showing living conditions during the Industrial Revolution period. With related questions.
- Edward Jenner An information sheet about the work of Edward Jenner.
- Florence Nightingale An information sheet about the work of Florence Nightingale.
- Germ Theory Wordsearch A wordsearch of key words related to the development of the Germ Theory.
- Louis Pasteur or Robert Koch? A matching exercise with statements that relate either to Louis Pasteur or Robert Koch.
- Individuals in Medicine - Who am I? Individuals describe their achievements and then ask 'who am I?'
- Medicine Through Time - Giant Crossword A giant crossword with clues related to all topics covered in Medicine Through Time.
- Medicine Through Time/ American West Revision booklet A four-page revision booklet with revision topics and hints and tips for the exam.
1. The First Thanksgiving
What they told you: Escaping religious prosecution, the pilgrims left England on sailboats and landed on Plymouth Rock, barely surviving their first winter. With the graceful help of a nearby Indian tribe, who taught the settlers how to fish and hunt the land, the early colonists succeeded in establishing a foothold in the vast North American Wilderness. Thus, the pilgrims held their... Read More
How World War II Began
World War II was one of the most destructive conflicts in all of human history. More than forty-six million civilians and soldiers died, many in cruel and horrifying circumstances that lasted for years. The majority of them were unknown faces, lost in time and history, and only recognized by the people who loved them. Their lives, culture, and livelihood were swept away from one day to... Read More
The old American West was a wild place. It was an era full of cowboys, gunslingers, outlaws, and wars. The European settlers driving the expansion into the west faced many hardships. They had to force their way into the Pacific by driving the Native Americans away from their lands. Ultimately, this chaotic environment created a culture susceptible to violence and the breakdown of law and order.
After the... Read More
The Medieval Ages was a time full of interesting history, rich art, revolutionizing philosophy, epic heroes, and even a bit of magic. However, it was not a very pleasant period to be a medical patient. The common way to relieve pain amongst sick people was to inflict more pain upon them, and then hope to the starts for a bit of luck. Peasants and monks with little to no experience, aside from castrating animals... Read More
Ancient Egypt was a fascinating place. Its mysterious civilizations, powerful gods, and stunning pyramids have captured our imagination for thousands of years. Thanks to the abundance of evidence left behind by ancient Egyptians, we have been able to discover a wealth of information about their daily lives. We can read their words, see their houses, taste their dishes, step into their tombs, and even touch their... Read More