Coming Soon: Our History Podcast
We are pleased to announce that History on the Net will be launching its own history podcast in late March 2017.There are two sorts of episodes that we feature on this podcast: the call-in show and author interviews.
The Call-In Show
The first sort of episode is the weekday call-in show: Ask a Historian Anything. It features an actual history question submitted from a listener just like you. I (Scott) will answer your question in 5-10 minutes.
You can ask me anything. What did the Vikings eat? What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and multiple concubines? If you were sent back in time with your current knowledge, how would you conquer the Roman Empire? What would be the best way to assassinate Hitler?
Would you like your question featured on Ask a Historian Anything?
If you would like to be on the show, all you have to do is click on the button below to record your question. Your computer or smart phone will immediately start to record and automatically send me the question. Please keep it to about a minute long, be polite, and an all-around cool laddie or lass. Here are the full submission guidelines.
The second sort of episode on our podcast is the long form interview (40 minutes – 1 hour) with top history book authors. These authors have written about everything—and I mean everything—including gruff World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids, a war horse who gained the rank of sergeant, and presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk.
I sit down with them and go in-depth on their topics. So far I’ve been blown away by the stories I’ve heard.
Here are some of our guests lined up in the coming weeks
- Robin Hutton, author of Sgt. Reckless, America’s War Horse
- Mark Will-Weber, author of Mint Juleps with Teddy Roosevelt: The Complete History of Presidential Drinking
- Prof. Richard Weikart, author of Hitler’s Relgion: The Twisted Beliefs that Drove the Third Reich
- Tevi Troy, author of What Jefferson Read, Ike Watched, and Obama Tweeted
- Brion McClanahan, author of Nine Presidents Who Screwed Up America, and Four Who Tried to Save Her
- Prof. Michael Foley: author of Drinking With the Saints: The Sinner’s Guide to a Holy Happy Hour